Dangers of wearing color contact lenses
Many people are not weary or conscious about the potential dangers of wearing color contact lenses. Therefore it is vital that one should know the dangers of wearing color contact lenses and when the warning appears. Here are a few of the warning signs that one should be aware of and stop using color contact lenses when any of these conditions exists:-
1. Do not use color contact lenses when acute or sub-acute inflammation or infection of the anterior chamber of the eye happens.
2. Any eye disease, injury or abnormality that affects the cornea, conjunctiva or eyelids also poses danger and one should not continue wearing the color contact lenses.
3. Allergy to any ingredient (eg mercury or Thimerosal) which are active in solutions which are used for caring soft color contact lenses
4. Corneal hypoesthesia
5. Allergy to ocular surfaces that may happen when wearing color contact lenses
6. If eyes become red or irritated
7. Any systemic disease that affects the eye or exaggerated by wearing color contact lenses
8. Severe dry eyes syndrome